From Hang Gliding Wiki
- Flight Type: Ridge/Thermal/XC
- Best time to fly: Year Round - Summer is turbulent
- USHPA Rating Recommendation: H2, P2 - SDHGPA membership recommended
- Launch: 32.774 N; 116.476 W - Elevation : 4580ft (1396m)
- LZ HG (primary): 32.763 N; 116.488 W - Elevation : 3275ft (998m)
- verbal permission for SDHGPA members to land by landowner LZ PG (primary): 32.760 N; 116.481 W - Elevation : 3300ft (1006m) verbal permission for SDHGPA members to land by Forrest Service
- Orientation(s):S-NW, SW Wind preferred at 8-10kts
- Take off: Sloping dirt
- Landing: HG Primary, field bounded by roads. PG primary (postage stamp) field surrounded by chaparral
- Airspace: This site has no airspace restrictions. Lindberg approach flight corridor is 8,000-12,000 feet. Please be aware of traffic at these altitudes. Occasional low flying aircraft in this area.
- Hazards: Summer months are turbulent, low flying aircraft
- Vehicle Access: Some 2WD and 4WD vehicle access to launch
Rules and Regulations:
- Do not land in and plowed fields in the area.*
- After gear drop off, move vehicle from launch/setup area
- Top landing not recommended during Hang Glider setup
- I-8 East
- Exit at Buckman Springs Rd and turn left.
- Drive under freeway and road becomes Sheephead Mountain Rd.
- Continue to Launch