I am selling my U2 145 as I bought a topless recently and I can’t hold onto both for financial reasons.
Video showing everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhH4JwQem0
I will be bringing the glider to the Green Swamp Sport Klassic (23 – 30 Mar, 2019), and both weeks of the Quest Air Nationals (13 – 27 Apr, 2019). I will be driving through Lookout mountain on my way to and from as well.
It’s a 2015 U2 145 with 170hrs flying time and the uv exposure outside of that has been limited, I don’t leave it setup for long before or after flying and almost all of it’s life has been spent in the grass fields and low UV environment of Minnesota & Wisconsin. It had one previous owner who had it for one year, though he didn’t fly much, if I had to guess, maybe 20-30hrs. I did cut a few stitches from the bottom of the nose cone to help the truck tow bridle fit. There is one tiny hole in one of the wings where someone else’s glider’s wingtip batten poked it under the previous owner, it’s covered by a little round sticker the size of your fingertip. The side wires have been replaced last April according to WW annual maintenance recommendations, I had replaced them shortly after getting the glider as well. Both wingtip wands were replaced a couple months ago, after Big Spring I noticed one of them had a visible hairline fracture, so I replaced both of them. I do still have the wand that did not have the fracture as a temporary spare in case something happened to one of the new ones, so the spare will be included as well.
It also comes with:
1. Wills Wing bag.
2. WW xc bag in like new condition. I bought it a year ago and has only been used a handful of times.
3. Northwing water resistant travel bag, https://www.northwingsports.com/produ…
4. The round control bar with finsterwalder pnumatic wheels that are setup with a hub that allows vg crossing
5. The streamlined control bar with a set of WW skids and the WW wheel kit https://www.willswing.com/accessories…
6. Laminated batten pattern chart
7. I have several hangstraps, I’ll give up whichever one works the best for you.
8. Spare wingtip wand