From Hang Gliding Wiki
Ridge Soaring Right of Way QUIZ
Are you sure you understand the right of way rules when ridge soaring?
- Here is a series of 15 visual "puzzles" to entice you to think about ridge soaring safety and the right of way rules in more depth.
- Many of these scenarios occur on a daily basis at crowded ridge soaring site.
- Although the right of way rules may seem simple on the surface, fairly complex puzzles can emerge from them on any given day.
- Pilots must learn to recognize conflicts, even when the conflict does not directly affect them.
- Many puzzles have more than one correct answer.
- UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED: Assume gliders are at the same altitude and flying at the same speed
- All pilots clearly see all other pilots
- Diagrams are not to scale. ASSUME gliders have distance between them to maneuver in time
Lets begin with the easiest puzzle everyone should know. Take a look at the diagram, read the question at the bottom of the diagram and write down your answer. Then move on to the next one.