Beginner's Training Manuals
In the USA, there are two training manuals that are widely used:
- Hang Gliding for Beginner Pilots by Peter Cheney available here
- Hang Gliding Training Manual by Dennis Pagan available here
It's not necessary to have both, but if one book is not doing the job for you, try the other one. It is important to realize that the style and quality of flying instruction may vary. You need to find what works best for you, both from HG books, and from HG instructors.
You may find these books at the public library, or your local library may be able to get them from another library, on a library-to-library loan. Do NOT depend on your instructor to teach you all that you should know, to fly. Learning to fly well is a lifetime enterprise; it should not start, or stop, with HG lessons.
Aerotow and Scooter Tow pilots may also want this:
- Towing Aloft by Dennis Pagen and Bill Bryden available here
- Understanding the Sky by Dennis Pagan available here
- Performance Flying by Dennis Pagan available here
- The Secrets of Champions by Dennis Pagen available here
- Thermal Flying by Burkhard Martens (HG/PG) available here
- The Art of Skysailing - a Risk Management Manual for Hang Gliding (DVD/Notebook) Australia available here
(Try Google.com for the best available prices.)