From Hang Gliding Wiki
Low canard sled wing Canard WingSled(tm) Sledding over plants, rocks, holes, ruts, etc. is the "sled" part of low canard sled wings
Challenges motivating low canard sled wing
- SoGHG stumbles
- Downwind landings
- Flatland long gliding
- Downwind downslop out landings over plants and rocks
- In replacement of wheels
- Monitor platform
- Thermal sniffer
- Light holder
- So basebar of TCF basebar and pilot parts are not snagged
- Instead of skids or wheels
- At breakage, netting embedding is wanted to keep parts from going into the pilot.
- The bracing member(s) could be also with netting embedded to prevent breakage to fly into the pilot.
- Airfoil is to be double-convexed.
- Holding braces are to be streamlined.