Shaking off the rust - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding Videos->Shaking off the rust
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Shaking off the rust Reply with quote #1   
I have been away from the sport for a while.
Lower spine surgery, 2014.
I think this year I'll have a few flights.
Got a good kick in the confidence on my first flight of 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruO3YVp93Xc

One thing i am really bummed out about...
I have been flying for a few years. But I have no idea how to get that funky music playing, that I hear in so many other hang gliding videos once the guy launches.
I guess I still have things to learn.

; )
Send private message  Rate this post
Comet
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #2   
Nice flight, beautiful site. I'm glad you are back in the air. Is that near Golden?

What I fall behind on is the constant introduction of new electronic gadgetry and software. You almost have to be a pro pilot to have time and connections to stay abreast of all the technological evolution.
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
ksglider
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #3   
Andrew;

I enjoyed your video. Wish we had such a spectacular site here in central Kansas.

Yes, about that music in all those videos . . .

Where in heck do they fly where all that music pervades the atmosphere?

All I get when I'm flying are the spectacular sights and other sensations of flying like a bird; the fresh air in my face, the sounds of my breathing and my heartbeat, the flutter of my clothing, the many sensations of motion and being "at one" with the glider, the sounds of my grunts and maybe inappropriate comments at times, the creaks and squeaks in the glider, the constant amazement that I'm actually doing this, and in general a powerful visceral connection to nature.

In my videos, I too would like to cover many of those things I actually experience with an all-pervading blanket of music. I certainly wouldn't want to impart what I really experience to any viewer out there, now would I?

So, me too, how do you add music to a youtube video?

Doug
TomGalvin
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #4   
ksglider wrote:
So, me too, how do you add music to a youtube video?

Doug

http://bfy.tw/BmdU

Wink

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #5   
Thanks for posting your vid thumbsup

You'll need software to add music, there is plenty of freeware out there to get started.

BTW if you remove the s from https, then you can embed your video using the following code (or select your URL then click on the YouTube button [top right]):

Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruO3YVp93Xc[/youtube]

Mind you, its gonna be tough finding a song that lasts for 15 minutes, or an audience with that kind of attention span...

Here's one where I used the music that was in my head during the flight for this video:

Link
Roadrunner
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #6   
Speaking of RUST. Hell. it has been just Over seven years since I flew last. I bet that I will be like the Tin-Man on a rainy Day when I get back to flying my Predator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding Videos