Hang Gliding in CHINA - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding general->Hang Gliding in CHINA
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itttem
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Hang Gliding in CHINA Reply with quote #1   
Hi All,

USHPA had an article long ago about some hang gliding in China, I have also found an old relic video on Youtube of hang gliding in China. But , does anyone have any recent experience/knowledge/stories popcorn about places or people hang gliding in China??
Send private message  Rate this post
john_h
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #2   
hang gliding 天鹅湖
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aO-5KRpjVw

From a thread on HangGliding.org Fri Jun 28, 2013
Swans lake flying at Guyuan county China
http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=29409
UnleRico
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #3   
I am an American living in Sichuan, China and am an H2. There are quite a few para glider pilots here in Sichuan but only one other HG pilot that I know of. There is one flight location with a small practice hill, that is suitable for HG. As of yet I have not found a place with a large enough LZ for a pilot of my abilities. Though I know of a few places that may be landable for an H4.

Just north of Beijing at a place called MangShan there is a flight club that is also mostly PG but I know a german guy who flies HG there he has a home built powered harness and also a regular unpowered harness. The club hanger has a few trikes and also some gliders that look as if they seldom get used.

I heard that a while back they got out an older trike and flew it without a thorough pre-flight. As they banked over the lake the wing collapsed and they all fell into the lake...I didn't hear about how it turned out for the passenger.

There is a site called www.wozaifei.com that has been started by a Chinese guy who (as far as I can tell) is one of the champions for HG in China at this time. It is dedicated to HG in China. I believe he is a certified dealer for Moyes and his (http://wozaifei.taobao.com/) site also sells flytec varios.

You can also check out: (http://www.falcon0086.com/) It is a HG club on the coast a few hours south of Beijing, I have visited them. It seems that this Chinese guy went to France to learn FLPHG and has started this club/company. They are a certified Wills Wing dealer for China.

Also there is a primary site for PG in China that has a page for fixed wing stuff, and there are HG posts and a few large trike posts that site is: http://bbs.paracn.com/f-57-1.html

There are a lot of videos, that link to www.youku.com (the Chinese version of youtube) most of the time you can view them from the USA.

Use Chrome and the built in translate and you can really figure out a LOT.

I have a dream to some day help with advancing HG in China, but I am first trying to build up my flight time and skills.
Fred Wilson
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #4   
HG Tour North China 1080p - 6 min

Link

PG Tour PingTong regions sites in Guiyang, Guizhou province, China. - no music

Link

https://www.facebook.com/Vuelo-Libre-M%C3%A9xico-111894915509032/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
Fred Wilson
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #5   
HG Tour Yunnan China. 1080p - 9 min - no music

Link

PG Tour Dongchuan Yunnan, Mang Shan Beijing, Linzhou Henan, China Ragong Sichuan Tibet by Thomas Krainer. 480p - 14 min
Thomas Krainer

Link

https://www.facebook.com/Vuelo-Libre-M%C3%A9xico-111894915509032/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
dhmartens
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #6   
There was a book written called "China attacks" where China attacks Taiwan with 10,000 motorized hang gliders. I posted about this at shga in 2007.

Back in 2007 I think it was illegal for the Chinese to fly HG or PG.

"10,000 hang gliders invade Taiwan"

I ran across this google book review of fictional “China Attacks” By Steven W. Mosher, Chuck DeVore and thought I would post it here as it would be the most amazing hang glider event ever in the history of the sport. Despite the obvious drawback with the enslavement of 23 million people by a brutal communist dictator ship and any loss of life from an event of this scale, the repercussions would bring hang gliding to a new level of acceptance and affordability. The author points out the Chinese can build a hang glider and powered harness (scooter motor) for $500 total where in the U.S. the price is $10,000.

books.google.com/books?id=grRhPHUAv2YC&pg=PA264&dq=hang+glider+china&sig=8-7E3xvqduMNKcl5ue0_hcNxclE

That links to page 264. You might want to back it up to page 262 to read from there on to get the whole hang gliding part that’s available online.

amazon.com /gp/product/images/0741404303/ref=dp_otherviews_0/105-0130135-1100408?ie=UTF8&s=books&img=0

Book cover at Amazon.com

Just as the Gettysburg battle is reenacted, so too could be the flight over the 100-mile Taiwan Strait with thousands of participants gathering every year to make the flight.

Even with a week to think about this I still cannot imagine the sight of 10,000 hang gliders approaching the beach in a massive formation.

Doug
miraclepieco
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #7   
A couple of years ago a group of Chinese were in the US buying up all the used hang gliders and accessories they could find.
They said hang gliding and paragliding were poised to explode in China.
I would not be surprised to see inexpensive Chinese knockoffs of those gliders on the market before long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding general