WILL WORK FOR GLIDER!!! - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding general->WILL WORK FOR GLIDER!!!
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazzon06

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: WILL WORK FOR GLIDER!!! Reply with quote #1   
HELLO! I'm a Hang 3 pilot from North Carolina living in RENO, NEVADA who just recently moved here. I'm very interested in obtaining a NEW/USED Hang Glider. The problem is, I'm very strapped for cash (as most of us are) and am offering to work for an old glider you may have lying around. I'll do any type of work and if I can't do it, I'd love to learn how to do it. I'm versed in many Yard/House projects and will work hard for you. I NEED to FLY, but money won't allow me too. So, if you don't fly anymore or have more than one glider in your garage, I'd LOVE to speak with you. I'd like a single surface glider and am skillful enough to fly anything comparable/up to a Sport 2. I know this is an unorthodox posting, but, who knows, MAYBE I'll get lucky. It is Reno, afterall. I'm willing to travel anywhere to work within a 4-5 hour radius (to the California Coast, even). HELP A POOR PILOT OUT!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Contact Nick Mazzoni at mazzon06@highpoint.edu or (252) 256-1409
Send private message  Rate this post
macsux
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #2   
I need my knob polished.... Cool

/joke - sorry couldn't resist Smile

Send private message  Rating: Bad stuff
dievhart
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #3   
you can have my Sport 167....it just needs a little care but would work for a while.
Who is/was your instructor? Somehow I would like to talk to them to make sure this glider is not "over your head"....or if you have a detailed logbook with every flight that would work also......
Now this glider is not perfect but it is airworthy (with a tiny bit of help), and my favorite glider but I never fly it anymore so it's yours if you want to come get it.
I would also want you to have another (more local to you) advanced pilot look it over and even test fly it..........I can't believe I'm letting my baby go but she needs some air and I'm not giving it to her anymore :-(
Diev
(831)five88three6sevenzero

FL, CL, FSL, AWCL, RLF, AT, TFL, TUR, XC, MNTR
http://www.dievhart.com/hangglide.html
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hgphotos/
http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=25414 (HG.org Camera Mounts)
Send private message Blog  Rating: 3 thumbs up
Spark
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #4   
Diev thumbsup
Smile
love it mosh

deeprecon1
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #5   
Diev your the man.

Mazzone

you must have done something right

you need to come to Mcclure and test fly that thing Twisted Evil
dunefoot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: It's a good move... Reply with quote #6   
Nick can definitely handle that 167. He was taught by this year's USHPA Instructor of the Year, Andy Torrington, as well as Jon Thompson. It's a good size for him too...
J Fritsche
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #7   
If the Sport 167 prospect doesn't work out, let me know. I've got a project that I need done and would trade my Saturn 147 for it. It may be the kind of job that requires a contractor, though, there's some electrical work involved.

PM me if you want more details about the job and/or the glider. I'm on the California coast near Santa Barbara. Hell, go get the Sport in San Francisco first, drive 4 hours south to my place, do the job, and head home with TWO gliders!

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #8   
Nick if you head down to Santa Barbara for the saturn if that were to work out you can stay at my place. Also it may be worth it to contact Dana in Tahoe. I know she has a sting that hasn't been used for over a year. She might want to hold onto it though. Hope something works out for you EPIC flying to be had there once the snow starts to melt
-Jeff
CRV
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #9   
dievhart wrote:
I can't believe I'm letting my baby go but she needs some air and I'm not giving it to her anymore... :-(

Sounds like a verse in a really bad country music song!

Razz

USHPA #82503
H-4 / Mentor / Observer / ACP
AT / FL / ST / CL / FSL / HA / RLF / TUR / X-C
CLOUDSCULPTOR
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #10   
roflcat

I love it.

great post/idea by the way, bring back bartering

looking forward to hearing how it pans out for you.

still blowing a hooley here in norfolk I am going ground crazyyyyyyyyyyy :<

g
Dan Harding
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #11   
J Fritsche wrote:
If the Sport 167 prospect doesn't work out, let me know. I've got a project that I need done and would trade my Saturn 147 for it. It may be the kind of job that requires a contractor, though, there's some electrical work involved.

PM me if you want more details about the job and/or the glider. I'm on the California coast near Santa Barbara. Hell, go get the Sport in San Francisco first, drive 4 hours south to my place, do the job, and head home with TWO gliders!

Good idea, then pick the one you wish to keep and then pay it forward to another pilot with the extra wing.

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: I love our community! Reply with quote #12   
Guys,
I have to confess - I love our sport and I love our community!
Its so inspiring to see how somebody is willing to work for a glider and its even more exciting to see how another pilot is giving it away for free.
I'm filled with pride for our sport and for our community! I believe the sport's unique beauty makes us all better people with different perspective on life!

Guys, thanks again for being so cool!
Send private message  Rating: 3 thumbs up
mazzon06

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Thanks to Diev Reply with quote #13   
Yo, my friends, I never expected such a response to my unorthodox request. Thanks to Diev, I've a glider now and I'm very excited to treat her right. In response to the Saturn 147, thank you for the offer! I just saw the post as I was in Santa Cruz yesterday. I'm back in Reno now, so I'm sorry I missed your post. I can do a lot of different home improvement projects, but I must be honest, electrical isn't one of them. I'd love to learn though....or help you with other parts of the project.

To everyone who got back to me regarding this WILL WORK FOR GLIDER POST...THANK YOU. I, too, was very surprised and impressed by all those willing to help. This sport attracts good people. There is no question.

I look forward to meeting you all at some point as I make my way around the region to fly. Jeff, thanks for the suggestion, too, man. I hope you're well. My mission was accomplished. Haha, I'll be sure to pay it forward.

Peace. Go fly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding general