More police shenanigans - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> The camp fire->More police shenanigans
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sg
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: More police shenanigans Reply with quote #1   
http://www.pixiq.com/article/rochester-police-arrest-woman-for-videotaping-them

Shocked puke

H4, AT, FL, TFL, AWCL, CL, FSL, RLF, TUR, X-C
Aeros Stealth III 142

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
HangDog
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #2   
That is so BULLSHIT! I don't have anything personaly against cops just the ones like this who think they can do any damn thing they want just because they HIDE BEHIND THE BADGE and abuse the constitutional rights of others!

Your going to tell me I can't record a video in my own yard of an investigation? especially if I'm not interfering in their investigation? That cop just used the *Behind our Back* excuse to start chit so he could arrest her.

If I was the on duty officer that night he would be turned in and then I'd have his arse fired! He can go work in his other business, what an AZZ

3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #3   
Good thing that wasn't my yard. I would have had my 12 guage backing up my camera as soon as he stepped onto my property. I have the greatest respect for cops, until they start miss-using their power and authority. I can guarantee he wouldn't have been the cop putting handcuffs on me.
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #4   
You would be labeled a terrorist, the swat team would show up, and then they'd kill you.

I just have a feeling its only a matter of time before a scenario like this happens where a citizen finally snaps, and shoots a cop that tries this BS and comes onto their property.

Aeros Stealth III 142

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
miguel
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #5   
You have to remember that a cop with a gun has legal life and death power over you. You do not want to give them a reason to exercise the power because some them are itching and twitching to exercise it.

Bobfly wrote:
Good thing that wasn't my yard. I would have had my 12 guage backing up my camera as soon as he stepped onto my property. I have the greatest respect for cops, until they start miss-using their power and authority. I can guarantee he wouldn't have been the cop putting handcuffs on me.
Send private message  Rate this post
sg
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #6   
Some followup.

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s2168201.shtml?cat=566

Aeros Stealth III 142

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
skypilot155
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #7   
It is easy to take the side of the woman when you are paranoid and hate cops. But. None of us know what happened before she started shooting video. So why give the cop a break. Or dose that only happen when you need a cop to save yourtail
USAF 74/78 and USAFR 88/90 and proud to have served
Don't die until you're dead and in the mean time keep your eyes on Jesus
sg
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #8   
Cops are not required to protect you, so that is simply a myth. Has anyone ever had their tail saved by a cop? I dont know a single person who's had their tail saved by a cop, ever. Cant imagine a circumstance where I would ever need to call one.

Aeros Stealth III 142

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
slimchance
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #9   
only thing i am scared of is if this sets a precedence.= more freedoms lost. She was on her own property. IMO it is a public street and she is on private property. How can the cops tell her she has to go inside her house. SHE IS ON HER PROPERTY. This stuff drives me nuts crazy

If you want to pick a government to trust....why not this one!
Davedebogusone
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #10   
I always comply and try to be polite.... Rolling Eyes
They have such a tuff job..... Crying or Very sad
Except when I know they are wrong, especially the young ones fresh out of college.
Twisted Evil
Hangskier
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #11   
No common sense anymore. I've said it before; there is right and wrong, and then there is the law.
dayhead
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #12   
There is a type of personality that is drawn to being a policeman/woman.

I need say nothing more.
SlopeSkimmer
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #13   
The lady should have done what the cop asked her to do. Now she should "woman up" and take her lumps. She cries when she is arrested for disobeying a police officer. I hate winers!
sg
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #14   
Really? So we should always obey unlawful orders from police?
Cops are allowed to order you to do anything they want for any reason?

What law was she breaking? What crime was she committing? Where is the victim?

May I order you off your own lawn? I have just as much authority as that cop did to do so, AKA none.

Aeros Stealth III 142

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
UnTuckable
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #15   
Know your rights :

http://policecrimes.com/police.html
SkyOrDie47
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #16   
Clearly a case of SDS (Small d*** Syndrome). This malady is rampant in law enforcement.
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #17   
eventually one of these cops is going to get himself killed

i won't be shedding any tears

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #18   
quote]Has anyone ever had their tail saved by a cop? I dont know a single person who's had their tail saved by a cop, ever. Cant imagine a circumstance where I would ever need to call one.
[/quote]

Well it's a new day for ya Steve, Because now you have met one. Maybe you should do a ride along with a cop in your area, might just open your eye's to what they contend with on a daily basis. I've never in my life seen as many cop haters as are on this site, I owe my life to a cop. Yes there are bad ones (but extremley few) I ran into a CHP just last week who had a bad attitude, but who knows what he put up with before me, like all of us (you included) not everyday is lollypops and candy corn and we all can get a bit grumpy, But by the time we parted company we were both laughing.

I'm sure when the day comes (if it does) that somebody puts the screws to you, you'll be more than happy to see a cop show up at your house

USAF 74/78 and USAFR 88/90 and proud to have served
Don't die until you're dead and in the mean time keep your eyes on Jesus
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #19   
the bigger the city gets,the more shitty the cops get.I have to say that here where i live the cops have been pretty cool but where i used to live the cops were fukin scum bags.Dont worry the gov will erode our rights with patriot acts and using the word terrorist to get by the constitution.In my old neighborhood the cops only show up after all the shooting is done.Have i ever been saved by a cop,no.Do i hate cops ,no.Do i hate the power that cops wield,hell yes.No human should hold power over another unless the person in question is infringing on other peoples rights.In my old hood justice came from our own hands and the cops always seemed to get it wrong,this is because they are not involved in the community.Cops are kind of a club that looks at us as the other side and this is the problem with most cops,the us vs them mentality.
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #20   
people don't like cops because

-their primary function in society is no longer "protecting citizens" but collecting money...generally from people that are not a danger or threat to anyone at all...I got fined a few weeks back because my car was parked in front of my house and pointing the wrong direction.....the only car on an empty residential street....protect and serve my ass

-when a "few bad apples" commit crimes.......the rest of them turn their back to it....and shouldn those few bad apples actually end up in a courtroom.....they never see anything other then a slap on the wrist......case in point the bart cop that killed an unarmed man by shooting him in the back as he was on the ground.....1 year in prision

-their are entirely too many of them.....when i drive down the highway and see a cruiser every 3 miles.............see my first point

-I don't need them to protect me.....I am fully capable of doing that on my own

-using scare tactics like the LAPD did by showing already illegal weapons to try and get another weapons ban passed.....

-arresting people for exercising their rights (videotaping)...your word will never trump theirs in a courtroom and all over the country they are trying to arrest people for video taping them- in some places getting laws passed

-immunity......should they arrest you for a "crime" that isn't actually a crime.....which is whats called an "unlawful arrest" [hint thats a crime] they will never be punished...because while they are tasked with "enforcing the law" they don't actually have to know it......

the list goes on and on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> The camp fire