get your hang 1 and 2 for free - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding general->get your hang 1 and 2 for free
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Joel Reply with quote #181   
deeprecon1 wrote:
[quote="al hernandez" Yeah, I am fat, so what that does not stop me from flying what stops me you holding my glider and harness. What does stop me is the HATERS of the sport, that donít want to fly and act like they know it all and that are nose diving the sport to the ground. Talk about me having bad ladings. I am there 100% for the sport, fat or not dude I am going to fly. No pain no gain. .

Shocked

I cant believe I am going to respond to you Al. However I am hoping you learn something and make some changes before you end up hurting yourself and never have a chance to fly and do it safely.

No one here will HATE on you for wanting to fly crazy

I don't know how old you are but you are presenting yourself as a young out of control teenager in a brothel.

You need to be ready mind, body and spirit ..this Sport as you call it, has a very high chance of taking all your lives at once. Game over no reset button.

Go run work off some pounds ... get strong mentally, prove all the Haters wrong.

Before you get another instructor work out all your frustration somewhere else IE running .. hit the gym ....

"No pain no Gain" sounds just like all the young Marines I have trained.

How about you "WORK SMART, NOT HARD! " you will be around a lot longer.

Get your H1 then H2, work out the glider harness issue over a beer and a civil conversation.

Also record all your flights and post .. we will be waiting

popcorn[/quote]

wise words from a newer pilot,you might want to listen to deep hes a good one.
Send private message  Rating: 3 thumbs up
agila
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #182   
I've been with you for long time now so I understand your frustrations. However venting it out in the open with all the negatives directed to this instructors won't help you much. I wish you talked it out with them first. Afterall, even if you get your rating later from others, you'll still be flying with them or will be still be connected with them directly or indirectly.
Al, it would help a lot if you try to be teachable. I had been with you a long time and my observation is that it is what's hindering you from progressing in your hanggliding skills. Assuming that you know how to fly already even without instruction(which you have mentioned a lot in our conversations) or attempting to do it on your own won't help but instead will hurt you eventually. As a student trying to learn new things, we need to be open minded and have to prepare ourselves mentally and physically for it.
I may have hurt by you by saying this but I love and care for you my friend. I want to be able to travel and fly with you in the near future.
Peace thumbsup
Send private message  Rating: 3 thumbs up
al hernandez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: agila Reply with quote #183   
Quote:
"Al, it would help a lot if you try to be teachable. I had been with you a long time and my observation is that it is what's hindering you from progressing in your hang gliding skills."

No, that's not the problem, not having my glider to fly is the problem, crank me up to altitude I have spent cash on all my books and I do read them like a BIBLE while you are at work i am studding... I just need to fly and I didn't come all this way for nothing, Imma gonna get mine. I bought a glider for me to fly it on my own, where I want to fly, do my own thing, have my own air to fly in I don't want to join the Ringling Brothers Circus.

Last edited by al hernandez on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Send private message  Rate this post
hgflyer
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: agila Reply with quote #184   
al hernandez wrote:
Quote:
"Al, it would help a lot if you try to be teachable. I had been with you a long time and my observation is that it is what's hindering you from progressing in your hang gliding skills."

No, that's not the problem, not having my glider to fly is the problem, what's there to teach hook in, pitch and roll, dive in round out flair. 360s. S turns, J turns, base lag don't fly the high wind. weather is my specialty, I have spent cash on all my books and I do read them like a BIBLE while you are at work i am studding... I just need to fly and I didn't come all this way for nothing, Imma gonna get mine. I bought a glider for me to fly it on my own, where I want to fly, do my own thing, have my own air to fly in I don't want to join the Ringling Brothers Circus.

Cmon out to Region 2 Al! I'll be honest with you. Put your money where your mouth is! As the saying goes...

If your as good as you say you are...I won't charge you a penny to witness greatness.
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
aeroexperiments
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: agila Reply with quote #185   
al hernandez wrote:
while you are at work i am studding...
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #186   
weather is nobody's specialty.Im just sayin Mr. Green
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: agila Reply with quote #187   
aeroexperiments wrote:
al hernandez wrote:
while you are at work i am studding...

lol i want a job drool
hgflyer
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #188   
noman3 wrote:
weather is nobody's specialty.Im just sayin Mr. Green

I disagree noman! My specialty is weather when it comes to teaching hang gliding.

I teach based on weather... whether or not I'm in the mood! Whether or not I like the student! Whether or not I feel the weather is working! My point is...My specialty is about weather. Whether or not this dynamic is going to be difficult or smooth as silk!

ROFL ROFL

p.s. I forgot to mention! Weather or not...If I have the gas money to get to the training site Shocked .
al hernandez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: hgflyer Reply with quote #189   
I'll take u up on that, Do you have a glider I can fly? am I going to get a rating? got to make it worth my trip
hgflyer
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: hgflyer Reply with quote #190   
al hernandez wrote:
I'll take u up on that, Do you have a glider I can fly? am I going to get a rating? got to make it worth my trip

Yes Al! I have all of the gliders to make your learning experience and journey comfortable.

Quote:
am I going to get a rating? got to make it worth my trip

No! You won't get a rating from me. You'll earn a rating! If you feel you didn't earn it? I'll be the first to be your huckleberry.

Like all of the previous posts...You first have to learn it...To earn it!

I'm more than happy to help you earn your learn!

Cheers

PM me if your serious?
al hernandez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #191   
Quote:
mon out to Region 2 Al! I'll be honest with you. Put your money where your mouth is! As the saying goes...

If your as good as you say you are...I won't charge you a penny to witness greatness.

What's it worth to you to see greatness fly hgflyer? And letís hope that you can back your game up N. Testing my Nuts. Thou Shall Not tempt Big AL! Cause I may just come out to play

Quote:

No! You won't get a rating from me. You'll earn a rating! If you feel you didn't earn it? I'll be the first to be your huckleberry.

I doubt seriously that you will ever have a chance 2 bury me BATO, But I will take you up on your offer, and put your money where your hole is at. Iíll fly your glider and getting a rating, if you want to see me fly make it worth my while! Why else would I risk my life flying to please you, if there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? I've been down that road before, Same thing with competition pilots why should they risk theirs lives flying a hang glider if there is no enough cash in the POT? Like I said, I fly for me and me alone not to satisfy you. If you say who you say you are, it would not be a problem for you to give me a rating test, and test my ability to fly a hang glider and get a damn rating, talking all that smack, back it up. So nut up or shut da H # l l up!
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #192   
al hernandez wrote:
Quote:
mon out to Region 2 Al! I'll be honest with you. Put your money where your mouth is! As the saying goes...

What's it worth to you to see greatness fly hgflyer? And letís hope that you can back your game up N. Testing my Nuts. Thou Shall Not tempt Big AL! Cause I may just come out to play

Quote:

well you have drive,thats good.

I doubt seriously that you will ever have a chance 2 bury me BATO, But I will take you up on your offer, and put your money where your hole is at. Iíll fly your glider and getting a rating, if you want to see me fly make it worth my while! Why else would I risk my life flying to please you, if there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? I've been down that road before, Same thing with competition pilots why should they risk theirs lives flying a hang glider if there is no enough cash in the POT? Like I said, I fly for me and me alone not to satisfy you. If you say who you say you are, it would not be a problem for you to give me a rating test, and test my ability to fly a hang glider and get a damn rating, talking all that smack, back it up. So nut up or shut da H # l l up!
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #193   
Hmmm? Which side am I gonna fall here? I guess that would be anyone
who helps me re-aquire the level of flying skills that I currently desire.

Pay or not pay is no issue to me. Helping the HG community while helping
myself is.

With me or against me, I will not be kept down, be told I can't fly on public
lands, be ignored, mob attacked, ostracized, whatever. Been there done that!

Schools and the volunteer community need to work together for one reason
and one reason only; SAFETY.

Accomplishing that is the number one requirement for growing the sport,
not BS, but honest assessment.

This competitive s*** is killing the fun.

Airthug, got my wheels? Or should I go elsewhere?
al hernandez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: agila Reply with quote #194   
Martin, remember a time during a scooter tow session long ago, I was there watching and had my glider with me and someone asked me why I wasn't doing scooter towing that day? Remember, I walk away with my glider and refused to scooter tow, and packed up my Wills Wing Tandem. You have to know when to walk away, or bad things can happen to pilots. In that same day as I was packing up my glider a bad accident took place on the scooter tow system and someone got hurt. I did not say anything to anyone, because everyone knows more than me about hang gliding, I saw what they were doing wrong. Just because it looks good does not mean that it is good. Flyer beware bro. My intentions were to fly that day, but I did not liked what I saw. I could had said something and someone may had or had not been saved from a bad accident. Just that much of a little mistake can kill anyone pro or not
slimchance
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #195   
Listen dude. Its not hard to fly at altitude. But its hard to launch and land the right way/the safe way. The instructors are not going to give you a rating until you can launch without poping the nose or mushing off the hill. Same for landing. Most important part of flying is when your close to the ground. thumbsup I dont know you so I wont judge you. Learn all parts of launching and landing/setting up an approach, DBF full flair no steppers. then you will earn your rating.
Good luck thumbsup

If you want to pick a government to trust....why not this one!
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #196   
slimchance wrote:
Listen dude. Its not hard to fly at altitude. But its hard to launch and land the right way/the safe way. The instructors are not going to give you a rating until you can launch without poping the nose or mushing off the hill. Same for landing. Most important part of flying is when your close to the ground. thumbsup I dont know you so I wont judge you. Learn all parts of launching and landing/setting up an approach, DBF full flair no steppers. then you will earn your rating.
Good luck thumbsup

This is exactly why, (even though I have an h2 by virtue of just paying dues),
that I want to work with someone on t/l. What I am getting is "jump off this
2000 ft mountain, and let's see how you do". This is unhelpful. All I need is
a training site to work on H1 skills, (without nasty rocks and such). Then
I would want to get some instruction from a good teacher, not someone
with a big fat ego to support. Still looking, any recommendations.
aeroexperiments
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #197   
al hernandez wrote:

What's it worth to you to see greatness fly hgflyer?
Thou Shall Not tempt Big AL!
If you want to see me fly make it worth my while!
Like I said, I fly for me and me alone not to satisfy you.

Umm-- this is the guy who is trying to build his skills and get ratings?

Let him fly by himself, far away from all insured sites, far away from all news cameras, far away from any actual glider sold to him by any actual dealer, he should probably have to build his own....
al hernandez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #198   
Yeah, I may catch a tan. I already have my own glider and harness you don't know much... gliders are everywhere, Lets talk about Emanuel Lopez, John Smith with a 2 ratings that ended with the glider up where the sun never shines he was a rated pilot and the list goes on & on. Unfortunately he wasn't ready for a H2 to bad so sad I think you are smart enough to figure out the rest of the story
J ball
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #199   
Shocked

popcorn

al hernandez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: AL Hernandez Reply with quote #200   
Hell y'all stop by now take a swing at Big Bad AL the Pirate of the sky. mosh One hitter quiters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Hang gliding general