Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Q&A, Learning to hang glide->Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #21   
Spark,
You already know my name, you FB "friend" requested me after King.You sent me your phone number because I was thinking about going to Colo. to visit
fam and friends. Saw your old Jackon photos and commented on them.
Also commented on your strings, old computers,ring a bell?

It is a small world, but I don't feel the need to be dissed, dismissed or used. I have taken that up directly with those people here.

The one apology I make is to Fireforthall, who got caught in the middle
defending a friend, which is most admirable.

Got 4wd, 2 meter, onboard 3G weather, gps, first aid, beer know the routes, willing to drive for a little gas money.

You need me to get along with you, yet the opposite is not the case?

Sounds like the good ole ushga pyramid scheme I know so well!
Or the clique thing, just like JR. High, sweet.

Do me a favor, contact Ernie and have him get my name off that joke!

I'm kinda likin the Utah crowd right now, sem like nice folks,getting ready.

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #22   
flybop wrote:
I should not get into this, I should not get into this... Ok, that's the voice in my head...

I have/am taking lessons from the guy at King. After having some real good (or so I thought) launches before getting to King I managed to do some of my worst work for Alan. He was patient with me, and crappy conditions, overall. I had a nose popping problem that Alan knows WILL someday bite me hard if I do not get over it. With Alan's (pretty patient) instruction I have gotten a much better launch now.

So, IMHO Alan is a good instructor. He was/is tough on my bad habits, but he knows that if I do not conquer those habits that they can and will conquer me.

I do not want to get into a personality pissing match, or get off on the wrong foot with a potential flying buddy. But, at the same time, I would like to say and to encourage anyone who is thinking about lessons to consider Alan. He is a good, concerned and a tough instructor. Tough. Hell yeah! I do not want someone to blow candy *ssed smoke up my butt and tell me that I am ready to do something that I can easilly get killed or seriously hurt doing until I am damn good and ready to do it.

We all want everybody who is getting into HG to be a safe, confident pilot. When you get that sign off from Alan I can promise you that you will have earned it.

Alan, hope to see you as soon as the road is open...

This guy actually helped me fly one day. That I don't forget.
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #23   
Gee, Rob! I can't possibly fly my glider without my three thumbs up. Rolling Eyes
Bahahahahaha! Thanks, BRO!!! I know I deserve it.
mtpilot
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #24   
I wish hang gliding could be friendly again.More like a sport less like
a business.Who cares where someone learns.

Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #25   
Well I am looking forward to flying MT. Would love to help the local guy, but
maybe I can get what I need up there, and EARN a little more respect!
As for hnglidr, used up my favor pool.
Kinglocal
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: I wonder why Reply with quote #26   
Quote:
Now, I'm raggin on Alan.
You can understand the need to get airborne, asked
for a little help, now I have decided there is none as usual.

This is the wrong attitude for starting lessons. With any instructor. You never, NEVER have called or emailed me about lessons. Now we all get know why you probably won't either. Your overtone is a symptom of another problem you have, simply put you need certain basic skills to learn to fly. One and the most basic is knowing when to close you mouth and listen. I just did on this site. Tip of the day: "When your brain stops working, know when to turn down the volume". Shocked

I hope you drive all the way to So CAl to get a rating or lessons again. Good luck. if this is what it takes for you to be safe, so be it. I would teach you but some like you are unteachable I think. King is public land, go fly anytime if your qualified. Lets see whatca got. My bet is your going to be buying parts for that new northwing. Because you don't listen.

One more time, Taking lessons is not an entitlement. My regiment is set forth by ushpa and I add extra to make pilots safe for any mountain site and most conditions. My lessons my way or the highway..... punch

Good luck to you. Lessons for you in the future from me, probably not, better go back to the other instructor who signed your H2 off, cause so far you have not demonstrated the basic H2 requirement.

Plus pleanty of mentors to help you out there, and I do hope find them and I do hope to see you at king with the proper skills.

Alan
king mountaing gliders dot com or dot biz
Send private message  Rate this post
AIRTHUG
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #27   
Utah's closer than SoCal Wink
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Selling at Cost Reply with quote #28   
Not true this statement:
[quote]You say you're not a hypocrite... yet I know of a pilot in this area who's showed up with a brand new T2C and a Flytec 6030 that came from King Mountain. Rumors are he got that at near-cost.
Quote:

I forget who made it but its typical of misunderstanding. I have very few customers due to my location, only full time locals are pilots, including me. I sale items never at cost or give them away. Sure the guy in UT got a deal, but it was never at cost, I know I sold it to him. The best deal you can get from me is a glider or vario with shipping and tax included in price. Of course I make up items........airthug right thats who said

Find tip of the day in previous post.

Nuff said

Alan
Kinglocal
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Good instrutor Reply with quote #29   
Yeah go to Utah, Ryan is a very good instructor, you can't go wrong there!
Alan
Rebardan
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #30   
Hey ID locals,
I'm looking for some foot launch sites in the south east part of the state.
Anything around Driggs? Idaho Falls?
I saw Scot Trueblood's photo 8-9 years ago on a HangGliding magazine cover or centerfold of a glider climbing up
with the Tetons in the background and it's been on my list.

Ideally the chairlift at Targhee would be absolute best, but currently they
only carry up pgers.

Thanks
Dan
Kinglocal
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: PG carry up Reply with quote #31   
Grand targe resort reportedly lets you bag it up and fly? Call first. Lots of hike up peaks around, just go pick one, and make sure someone knows where you are of course
Alan
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #32   
BS removed

Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Spark
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #33   
theayeinthesky wrote:
Spark,

You need me to get along with you, yet the opposite is not the case?

Sounds like the good ole ushga pyramid scheme I know so well!
Or the clique thing, just like JR. High, sweet.

Do me a favor, contact Ernie and have him get my name off that joke!

Thanks for the hints Smile

Don't quite know what you are talking about there re: pyramid scheme, joke, etc.

Peace, dude.

Last edited by Spark on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #34   
Bs removed

Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Kinglocal
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Sunday Morning laugh Reply with quote #35   
Really Laughing Laughing

Seriously Laughing Laughing

After all that BS in previous post you made, now you going to take my advice.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for proving my point. No lessons for you! roflcat

Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #36   
surrender

Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #37   
surrender

Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flyking
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding Reply with quote #38   
AIRTHUG wrote:
Kinglocal wrote:

I despise coupon clipping wanta be pilots, the only thing worse is experienced pilots clipping to be cheap. crazy

You say you're not a hypocrite... yet I know of a pilot in this area who's showed up with a brand new T2C and a Flytec 6030 that came from King Mountain. Rumors are he got that at near-cost.

'Nuff said.

I don't know where your getting your information Ryan but if your talking about me you got your information wrong. I know I paid more for my 6030 than the other person who got one. It sounds like your the one spreding the rumors punch Shocked

H-4. Flying since 1975, Gliders, 17 ft Manta St, Electra Flyer Wildflower 220, Leading Edge Air Foil 6-C 160, Electra Flyer Oly 160, WW Omega 220, UP Comet 160, UP Comet O.V.R.160, UP Comet 2 160, UP TRX 160, WW Fusion 141, Bennett Dream 220 , UP Predator 142 and T-2 154. Love to Fly King Mt. Willard and the Crawford Mt's are the home sites. FL,AWCL,CL,FSL,RLF,TUR.
Kinglocal
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: all is good Reply with quote #39   
Its OK, KC. I called Ryan and had a chat about several items. He's a nice guy it seems and understands, as much as to be expected. surrender Same as my postion. No big deal. Lets go fly now, ah actually wish I could today. Still to much snow here. mosh
Flyking
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: all is good Reply with quote #40   
Kinglocal wrote:
Its OK, KC. I called Ryan and had a chat about several items. He's a nice guy it seems and understands, as much as to be expected. surrender Same as my postion. No big deal. Lets go fly now, ah actually wish I could today. Still to much snow here. mosh

Cool-I get all defensive when people start talking crap on the org. I think if you want to talk crap then P.M. the person. I am glad you and Ryan worked things out. I want you to know how much I value our friendship Al. I also want to get to know Ryan better. surrender

H-4. Flying since 1975, Gliders, 17 ft Manta St, Electra Flyer Wildflower 220, Leading Edge Air Foil 6-C 160, Electra Flyer Oly 160, WW Omega 220, UP Comet 160, UP Comet O.V.R.160, UP Comet 2 160, UP TRX 160, WW Fusion 141, Bennett Dream 220 , UP Predator 142 and T-2 154. Love to Fly King Mt. Willard and the Crawford Mt's are the home sites. FL,AWCL,CL,FSL,RLF,TUR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Q&A, Learning to hang glide