Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Q&A, Learning to hang glide->Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinglocal
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding Reply with quote #1   
To all future pilots in the north west,

I despise coupon clipping wanta be pilots, the only thing worse is experienced pilots clipping to be cheap. crazy Is your life or someelses life worth saving a few dollars. If so, go to another sport and kill or mame yourself there, leave ours alone.

To avoid being a hypocrite, I will teach that guy looking for lessons for FREE, plus tips. Just in this case only. The rest of the students I have lined up, your paying full price unless you get the group discount. I just don't want to see anymore cheap tightwods killing themselves. I'm still have a current instructor rating but have only been teaching for 10 yrs now. If you really want to learn, safely and be able to fly anywhere and LAND safely, Contact me soon, classes will start in a couple of weeks or late April. Call or email soon.

Alan
go to king mountain gliders dot com or dot biz

PS if you do not know what is happening in Japan or on our west coast GET TO A TV NOW!

PSS I can't reply cause I have not posted my 5 yet. so I can only post. If you need to comment to me go via KMG. Chow
Send private message  Rate this post
red
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding Reply with quote #2   
Kinglocal wrote:
I will teach that guy looking for lessons for FREE, plus tips. Just in this case only. The rest of the students I have lined up, your paying full price unless you get the group discount.
Alan
PSS I can't reply cause I have not posted my 5 yet. so I can only post. If you need to comment to me go via KMG. Chow

Kinglocal,

'Way to go !! . . . Cool

So, umm . . . how many posts do you have now?

Mr. Green

http://www.xmission.com/~red/
H4, Moyes X2, Falcon Tandem, HES Tracer, Quantum
FlyMyU2
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding Reply with quote #3   
Kinglocal wrote:

I despise coupon clipping wanta be pilots, the only thing worse is experienced pilots clipping to be cheap. crazy Is your life or someelses life worth saving a few dollars. If so, go to another sport and kill or mame yourself there, leave ours alone.

To avoid being a hypocrite, I will teach that guy looking for lessons for FREE, plus tips. Just in this case only. The rest of the students I have lined up, your paying full price unless you get the group discount. I just don't want to see anymore cheap tightwods killing themselves. I'm still have a current instructor rating but have only been teaching for 10 yrs now. If you really want to learn, safely and be able to fly anywhere and LAND safely, Contact me soon, classes will start in a couple of weeks or late April. Call or email soon.

Alan

PS if you do not know what is happening in Japan or on our west coast GET TO A TV NOW!

Sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed!

AT FL
AWCL CL FSL RLF TUR X-C
Bobfly
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding Reply with quote #4   
FlyMyU2 wrote:
Kinglocal wrote:

Alan

Sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed!

Just so long as he gets up on the right side of the launch. thumbsup Laughing

Good on him for offering the free lessons.
Too many people getting hurt in our sport...

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #5   
Hey flymyu2,

This is normal tone for me, those that know me, understand others like you have an chance to observe whats wrong with texting and posting on BB.

Now go fly and shutup good idea Alan
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #6   
no longer no longer pertianant

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
fireforthall
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #7   
The "guy" at King mountain happens to be a great friend and before that taught me to fly!

What ever "issue" you may have had with him must have been introduced by ones self rather than Alan.Falure to pay attention during said instruction in my eye is self induced, and yes he may rip your ass for that but it is to save said ass rather than bury it!

I think what Alan is trying to do it eliminate someone from killing themselves and giving our amazing sport a black eye!

Take him up on it! he is a great instructor and an even better friend!
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #8   

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Send private message Blog  Rating: Bad stuff
ChattaroyMan
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #9   
Yo, whilst you cowboys are venting I'd like to take the opportunity to invite you to fly Grassy Knob in the Beartooth Mountains near Nye, MT. I hope to be waiting on launch on July 10th. I think that's the Sat. before the King goings-on. Last time I think it was flown was by me in 1981. A Bee-U-T-Full site. Ifn yor interested I've put the GE placemark up. Great LZ @ the nearest watering hole. It'll be my 30 year reunion with flying the Beartooths and I'd love to have a rowdy bunch fly it with me. I'll buy the first round!

Media BLOCKED

Please REGISTER
and log in to see this content

Media BLOCKED

Please REGISTER
and log in to see this content

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #10   
I should not get into this, I should not get into this... Ok, that's the voice in my head...

I have/am taking lessons from the guy at King. After having some real good (or so I thought) launches before getting to King I managed to do some of my worst work for Alan. He was patient with me, and crappy conditions, overall. I had a nose popping problem that Alan knows WILL someday bite me hard if I do not get over it. With Alan's (pretty patient) instruction I have gotten a much better launch now.

So, IMHO Alan is a good instructor. He was/is tough on my bad habits, but he knows that if I do not conquer those habits that they can and will conquer me.

I do not want to get into a personality pissing match, or get off on the wrong foot with a potential flying buddy. But, at the same time, I would like to say and to encourage anyone who is thinking about lessons to consider Alan. He is a good, concerned and a tough instructor. Tough. Hell yeah! I do not want someone to blow candy *ssed smoke up my butt and tell me that I am ready to do something that I can easilly get killed or seriously hurt doing until I am damn good and ready to do it.

We all want everybody who is getting into HG to be a safe, confident pilot. When you get that sign off from Alan I can promise you that you will have earned it.

Alan, hope to see you as soon as the road is open...

"He did not know he could not fly and so he did" Guy Clark,

"The Cape" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6bZ37nexSY
AIRTHUG
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Montana/Idaho?Wyoming Hang Gliding Reply with quote #11   
Kinglocal wrote:

I despise coupon clipping wanta be pilots, the only thing worse is experienced pilots clipping to be cheap. crazy

You say you're not a hypocrite... yet I know of a pilot in this area who's showed up with a brand new T2C and a Flytec 6030 that came from King Mountain. Rumors are he got that at near-cost.

'Nuff said.

1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #12   

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Send private message Blog  Rating: Bad stuff
Fletcher
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #13   
Been to King several times and was treated with courtesy and respect and offered fair prices for everything purchased at Allan's shop.
I believe Allan as most Dealer, Instructor Site guides get very little money when you considder the effort they put into keeping flying sites open, maintained,and safe.
I wouldn't even think of passing through that part of Idaho without stopping to say hello and at least buying a T-shirt.
Allan see you next summer
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #14   
Offer not!

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
hnglidr
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #15   
FLY

Live, Now, Here, Die Without Fear.
Lightspeed 4,Saturn 147
HG=Zen

Last edited by hnglidr on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
hnglidr
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #16   
YOUR

Lightspeed 4,Saturn 147
HG=Zen

Last edited by hnglidr on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
hnglidr
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #17   
HANGGLIDER

Lightspeed 4,Saturn 147
HG=Zen

Last edited by hnglidr on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #18   
sleep

Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Phoenix
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: You gotta be kidding Reply with quote #19   

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Spark
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #20   
Hey "theayeinthesky",

What's your real name?

I wanna remember it for later ... in case we meet.

It's a small world and we all need to get along. I look forward to flying with you some day.

Hey Alan, good to see you posting on the org. Looking forward to seeing you and Rob up at King this summer.

Allen Sparks, aka 'Spark'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Q&A, Learning to hang glide