pilot parks glider in pond at 50mph - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

• Sorry...You must register to activate searching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Incident Reports->pilot parks glider in pond at 50mph
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullion
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Hoping and Praying for your complete recovery Doug! Reply with quote #121   
Water wack broke my back in June and I still havent got back in the saddle yet.
Dan V. Was vital support to me and my attitude in the Hospital.Best advice I can give is "ask the Nurse to get you OUTSIDE when the fog dissapates" I had to do a hunger strike to get outside.I just wanted to get fresh air and watch the downdrafter land on the roof.
Get well! Mike
Send private message  Rating: 3 thumbs up
red
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hoping and Praying for your complete recovery Doug! Reply with quote #122   
bullion wrote:
Dan V. Was vital support to me and my attitude in the Hospital.Best advice I can give is "ask the Nurse to get you OUTSIDE when the fog dissapates" I had to do a hunger strike to get outside.I just wanted to get fresh air and watch the downdrafter land on the roof.
Get well! Mike

Campers,

Understand getting outside. Cool

I don't much get near hospitals, but once, when I needed some minor surgery, I had the "need" to breathe some fresh air, afterward. I found out that if I "left" the hospital building, my medical insurance would cut off, right then. The rest of my stay would have been at my personal expense. Don't ya just love the insurance companies?
I decided to open a window, instead. Laughing

Hey, Doug! What's the difference between minor surgery, and major surgery?

Minor surgery is what other people have done.

Major surgery is any surgical procedure that is done to you. ROFL

Mr. Green

http://www.xmission.com/~red/
H4, Moyes X2, Falcon Tandem, HES Tracer, Quantum
Send private message  Rate this post
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Hoping and Praying for your complete recovery Doug! Reply with quote #123   
bullion wrote:
Get well! Mike

hey mike im glad your on here man.Hows the back doing.News from your side is very lacking and i have been wondering what the state of affairs were on your back.Please let me know man!
miguel
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #124   
Good to see you here, Mike. Hope everything is going great.
Fawkes
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #125   
Noman visiting Rotor ...
Send private message Blog  Rating: 3 thumbs up
bullion
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: brocken back club, not proud or it Reply with quote #126   
Noman, thanks for asking , I need surgery but dont have insurance , but our great Obama will have me set up on communist health care soon. I just keep on praying for Rotor and maybe God will heal us both.
I would not have friends I have now if Doug had not given them HG lessons sparking the HG fever we are all infected with.
Scott
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: brocken back club, not proud or it Reply with quote #127   
bullion wrote:
Noman, thanks for asking , I need surgery but dont have insurance , but our great Obama will have me set up on communist health care soon. I just keep on praying for Rotor and maybe God will heal us both.
I would not have friends I have now if Doug had not given them HG lessons sparking the HG fever we are all infected with.

'Bout time you get your crippled Jesus freak butt on this here forum Mike!
Now both of ya...HEAL UP!

flybop
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #128   
Doug, I hope you are well on your way to a full recovery. You and I have a shared experience: We were both pulled from the wreckage of a crumbled flying machine by true heros that came together and did what they needed to do without concern for their own safety to save another.

The road ahead may be long, a bit tough, but it is well worth the trip. There will be ups and downs, but through it all you have your friends and family there for and with you. As you go through the next phase of this try to focus on all the little victories. Those little victories will eventually come together towards the final goal.

Let me know if you want to hear from someone who's been there and done that.

Best wishes and just keep feeding on all the positive vibes from all your friends and family!

"He did not know he could not fly and so he did" Guy Clark,

"The Cape" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6bZ37nexSY
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: brocken back club, not proud or it Reply with quote #129   
bullion wrote:

what a fucked up world we live in.Is there no doctor that will do some pro bono work for you.
red
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: brocken back club, not proud or it Reply with quote #130   
noman3 wrote:
bullion wrote:

what a fucked up world we live in.Is there no doctor that will do some pro bono work for you.

Bullion,
Noman,

Maybe not here . . . but maybe somewhere. In the USA, in my experience, somebody who needs work done can seek referrals, and meet with the more successful (read as "experienced") surgeons. With a bit of luck, you might find one who will accept time payments, maybe starting before the surgery. Some will even forgive a good part of the bill later ("you have paid enough"), if the patient has kept good faith on their payments. These good people obviously can not advertise this option, but I have seen it happen for a friend in Denver. Hospitals will often negotiate their final billing, also, especially when all went well, and the patient has no insurance.

I generally have little use for "religions," but I find one piece of advice to be very useful, which is available in most versions of the Bible:
"Ye have not, because ye ask not." Guess who? Cool
I have found that it covers most of life's difficulties, if applied directly. Silence gets silence. Hang tough, sure, but not in silence, either. My US$0.02

Mr. Green

http://www.xmission.com/~red/
H4, Moyes X2, Falcon Tandem, HES Tracer, Quantum
Rotor
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #131   
Fawkes wrote:
Noman visiting Rotor ...

love this one ! popcorn

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #132   
Rotor who grew a pair of wings also grew a whole lotta special far away friends who aren't waiting but swim out to him,Rotor must be a special kind of guy.. mosh get well soon and we await your return to the launch. Cool
Intermediate- (H3) >
Rotor
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #133   
Patrick O'Donnell wrote:
Rotor who grew a pair of wings also grew a whole lotta special far away friends who aren't waiting but swim out to him,Rotor must be a special kind of guy.. mosh get well soon and we await your return to the launch. Cool

Thank you Patrick,,, I'm over welmed by the support from all my brother & sisters ,,,, near & far !!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup

1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #134   
Rotor wrote:
Patrick O'Donnell wrote:

Thank you Patrick,,, I'm over welmed by the support from all my brother & sisters ,,,, near & far !!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup

you got a hew nick name.SCUBA STEVE,lol
Im glad your doing good doug.You would have left a huge hole in the sky!

Link
Rotor
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #135   
boy cant wait to wipe my own ass Shocked Shocked Shocked ahh
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #136   
Nate wrote:
Wing Man wrote:
Victoria put on the diving suit today and went trolling around in the pond for that GoPro! No luck today Confused It MUST be found!!

WTF???? Shocked No GoPro footage Mad

Anyone watching take footage?

Any updates on severity of injuries?

If you don't have gopro footage and it isn't on your blog, it didn't happen.

NO WORRYS NATE, I WANT TO SEE IT MORE THAN YOU,,,let's all be friends surrender ,noman is a super close bro & just being protective,,,,I havnt read any post i dont like,

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #137   
noman3 wrote:
the real bad asss out of this is ken musio,hes 70 years old and was out there helping doug.Ken swam out held dougs head up and swam back.Now thats risking your life for a brother!!!!.KM you are unreal!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

You are right, & KM has aways been there for me many times sence i started in 1988,,,,I hope there will be some way I can repay all you that saved me,,,,,,,,,,,THIS IS VERY BIG!!!!!!Even those that wasn't in the water but are so suportave.....as in all of you.....You are giving me a much needed push...thank you all....

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #138   
highhuber wrote:
Doug, Sorry to hear you're in the hospital again. It's better then the morgue.

I hope this incident will cure your low and fast ground skimming craziness.

Keep your spirits up and keep wiggling those toes. McClure wouldn't be the same without your shining eyes and smiling face.

Kudos to KM and the others who kept you from drowning.

See you soon, Scot cuss Sad surrender

I can asure you this will be my cure,,,,,no more mr showoff !!! surrender

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #139   
NMERider wrote:
Doug,
I feel really bad that you got injured trying to have some good clean fun and share the joy w/ the rest of the community. I was really hoping that the title of this thread was just a tease and instead you had improved on this beat-up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM7Hs-uwmKA#t=0m45s and may have even done a nice toe dip like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0o6gJmjlEQ#t=2m15s If it's any consolation, I think you may have helped curb my desire to entertain other through my own flying and landing hi-jinks. At this stage in my flying career, the words boring and soaring go well together.
உங்கள் உடல் விரைவாக குணம் அடையட்டும்
YES IF YOU HAVE A PROPLEM AS A SHOW OFF ,,,AS DID I.....HOPE THIS WILL MAKE YOU RETHINK,,REPLAN,,,& RE DO YOUR WAY OF THINKING BEFORE IT IS TO LATE FOR YOU !!!

Jonathan

3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #140   
Fawkes wrote:
Any updates? He is probably already bugging the nurses ...

YES ALL THE NURSES ARE GETTING TO KNOW ME MORE THAN THEY LIKE,,,, Razz NOW IM REALLY ALL ALL ALL TALK NOW...........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> Incident Reports