The rich.......they are better then us - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

  • Sorry...You must register to activate searching









Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> The camp fire->The rich.......they are better then us
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 8361
Location: Stapleton, Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: The rich.......they are better then us Reply with quote #1   
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/wealthy-fund-manager-avoids-felony-charges-running-cyclist/


In a lot of these cases I think the DA that refuses to press charges is a bigger criminal then the person that committed the original crime.

The courts/legal system is our means of restitution, if they refuse to act in the interest of the public/ victem......its only a matter of time before the public/victem takes care of things for themselves

_________________
TSA, NSA Sieg Heil! (HAIL VICTORY)
Send private message  Rate this post
Windlord
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 5161
Location: Montana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #2   
Shocked Shocked Shocked A majority of the comments are spot-on.
Leaving the scene is where the choice was made. Not a good choice definitely!
I can see the DA's point, keep him working to keep him paying. Maybe later, shiat will hit the fan.

_________________
H-4 (1976) UP Saturn 147 & UP Axis 13
The Cloudbase Foundation
Learn to fly hang gliders (click here}
Torrey Hawks #208
Send private message  Rate this post
jjcote
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 3290
Location: Lunenburg, MA, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #3   
The cyclist victim is a doctor. A felony conviction would seriously affect his ability to do his important job. Therefore, I trust that the DAs office would decline to press assault charges if he were to be accused of mercilessly beating the hell out of a couple of people with a baseball bat. Like, maybe a district attorney and a hedge fund manager.
_________________
H4 + most skills
WW UltraSport 147, WW Falcon2 170, PacAir Vision Mark IV 17
My HG wiki profile and my flying blog
Send private message Blog  Rating: 3 thumbs up
CAL
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3699
Location: OGDEN, UT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #4   
Windlord wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked A majority of the comments are spot-on.
Leaving the scene is where the choice was made. Not a good choice definitely!
I can see the DA's point, keep him working to keep him paying. Maybe later, shiat will hit the fan.



that's what i was thinking as well, keep the guy working to pay the victim ! i can't imagine leaving the scene and not helping the guy, how could you live with yourself Sad

_________________
Explore nature from the eyes of an Eagle
Send private message  Rate this post
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 8361
Location: Stapleton, Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #5   
CAL wrote:
Windlord wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked A majority of the comments are spot-on.
Leaving the scene is where the choice was made. Not a good choice definitely!
I can see the DA's point, keep him working to keep him paying. Maybe later, shiat will hit the fan.



that's what i was thinking as well, keep the guy working to pay the victim ! i can't imagine leaving the scene and not helping the guy, how could you live with yourself Sad

The guy has millions...........if he ended up in rags on the street after selling his mansion to pay for the damages THAT would be AOK as far as I'm concerned

_________________
TSA, NSA Sieg Heil! (HAIL VICTORY)
Send private message  Rate this post
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 8361
Location: Stapleton, Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #6   
jjcote wrote:
The cyclist victim is a doctor. A felony conviction would seriously affect his ability to do his important job. Therefore, I trust that the DAs office would decline to press assault charges if he were to be accused of mercilessly beating the hell out of a couple of people with a baseball bat. Like, maybe a district attorney and a hedge fund manager.


thats what I'm talking about

_________________
TSA, NSA Sieg Heil! (HAIL VICTORY)
Send private message  Rate this post
Eteamjack
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1309
Location: So Cal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Broken Reply with quote #7   
Many of our systems are broken with almost no hope of repair. Rich get off , average guy sucks for the same crime. A serious felony should be prosecuted to it's fullest no matter what his status is. Many great nations have decayed into anarchy in the past and
we probably won't be an exception unfortunately. Hopefully the civil courts
give appropriate compensation to the victim. The DA know's which side his bread is buttered. Remember OJ ? Just takes a couple of stupid or influenced people to make a bad situation worse. Civil Rights has been redifined to mean
you can do almost anything and still have a chance of getting away with it.

_________________
H4 (1979) Lake Elsinore. Ca. U2 160 (Sweet)
"If Your One Who Doesn't Succeed At First Maybe Hanggliding's Not For You"
Send private message  Rate this post
dayhead
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 742
Location: Crestline California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #8   
As it always has been and forever will be: The Golden Rule.

He who has the Gold makes the Rules.


"Ill fares the Nation
with great velocity
Where wealth accumulates
and there ain't no reciprocity" -- O'Henry
Send private message  Rate this post
PilotGuy
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 1920
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #9   
Woman leaves her child in a hot car in Florida, child dies: no charges filed

Hispanic man leaves his child in a hot car in Florida, child dies: 20 YEAR SENTENCE!!!

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2010-10-14/news/antonio-balta-got-20-years-for-leaving-his-baby-in-a-hot-car-was-the-sentence-too-harsh/
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
sg
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Posts: 11095

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #10   
So when that bitter cynical George Carlin in last weeks video said this country was sold bought and paid for long ago.... is anyone gonna complain now? Mr. Green

Disgusting puke

_________________

H4, AT, FL, TFL, AWCL, CL, FSL, RLF, TUR, X-C
Aeros Stealth III 142

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
day dreamer
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 3916
Location: McClure Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #11   
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.----Thomas Jefferson.


But hey, who cares about history anyways right? That all stupid stuff. All in the past..

_________________
Always a student.

"The mountain doesn't care what that card in your wallet says." - Bruce Stobbe
http://www.mlsr.net/
Send private message  Rate this post
sg
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Posts: 11095

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #12   
<sarcasm> Yeah....the founders were morons who didnt study societies at all. All their thoughts are completely out dated and dont apply today </sarcasm>
_________________

H4, AT, FL, TFL, AWCL, CL, FSL, RLF, TUR, X-C
Aeros Stealth III 142

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
darkcloud
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 369
Location: SoCal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #13   
Maybe a deluge of negative mail to Smith Barney would set something in motion.
Send private message  Rate this post
Avnav8r
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 1054
Location: Trenton, Georgia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #14   
darkcloud wrote:
Maybe a deluge of negative mail to Smith Barney would set something in motion.


I doubt the negative mail would help. The guy will probably get a little extra in his bonus check this year.

John Stokes

_________________
To err is human. To blame it on someone else, shows management potential.


Last edited by Avnav8r on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Send private message  Rate this post
Captian Matt
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 224
Location: Scituate MA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #15   
I had a brother in-law who robbed a few banks and lead police in a high speed chase. We sat threw many days in court and it was an eye opener. I could not believe how many guys regardless of socioeconomic status were let off with a slap on the wrist! Money had little to do with it and I left the court wondering what the hell you had to do to actually be sent to prison. I saw guys walk on plea, time served and bracelets. I am not talking traffic offenses rather assault, manslaughter and bank robbery. The whole system is crazy regardless whether rich or poor. A court officer told me that the real problem was lack of prison space to put people.
_________________
H3, WW SPORT2
Send private message  Rate this post
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 8361
Location: Stapleton, Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote #16   
Captian Matt wrote:
I had a brother in-law who robbed a few banks and lead police in a high speed chase. We sat threw many days in court and it was an eye opener. I could not believe how many guys regardless of socioeconomic status were let off with a slap on the wrist! Money had little to do with it and I left the court wondering what the hell you had to do to actually be sent to prison. I saw guys walk on plea, time served and bracelets. I am not talking traffic offenses rather assault, manslaughter and bank robbery. The whole system is crazy regardless whether rich or poor. A court officer told me that the real problem was lack of prison space to put people.

its more then just prision

a felony conviction has consequences that a misdemeanor conviction does not
namely you loose certian rights
the right to vote
the right to keep and bear arms

to name just two


as it is I'm sure this DA will get a nice campaign contribution from a certian fund manager

_________________
TSA, NSA Sieg Heil! (HAIL VICTORY)
Send private message  Rate this post
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> The camp fire
 
All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1


 
Jump to:  


(c) HangGliding.org All rights reserved. Based on PhpBB