Can I PLEASE borrow a flame thrower? - Hang Gliding Org - Worlds largest Hang Gliding community, discover Hang Gliding

Search

  • Sorry...You must register to activate searching









Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> The camp fire->Can I PLEASE borrow a flame thrower?
BURY this topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knumbknuts
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 5028
Location: Carlsbad, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #21   
If I can find the falmethrower purchased to try to take down VA when I was stationed there, it's yours.

I hate the government of that state... they are as mean as hawaii is incompetent.
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
lostgriz
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 2161
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #22   
miguel wrote:
Buy a clunker and register it in VA. Park it in front of your house for the enjoyment of your neighbor. Move it the required number of feet per week to keep the cops happy. Occasionally park it in front of the neighbor's.

Unless you move out of state, you will have to pay the taxes. That's just how it is. Always be polite when dealing with the authorities. They have a whole toolbox of dirty tricks for dealing with delinquents.


Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

I told my wife that I wanted to register a short bus in my parents name and park it in front of my house with MT plates and Montana School District on the side.

As soon as it warms up and my remodel project is finished; I look forward to cleaning my guns on the front porch on Saturday mornings, while my neighbors are walking their dogs. Laughing ROFL Laughing

By the way, I have never had a cross word with any of my neighbors. In fact the most I have ever said to them was when I cleaned their gutters for them (3 of them) just because I was cleaning mine, or maybe when I cut their fallen limbs up with my chainsaw. Oh well............
Send private message  Rate this post
lostgriz
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 2161
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #23   
relate2 wrote:
Jason I was going to reply point by point to your answer but decided to just say this........Speak about all your rights to drive the way you want, no seat belts, no helmets etc.........to the hundreds of people during my time in the police force who I had to inform that their son, daughter, husband, wife etc would not be coming home that night because they were just involved in an accident and have been killed.

After you face just one of those door knocks them come back to me about your rights. Sometimes governments have to protect the stupid. Sorry that was uncalled for but it just makes me so mad with the ignorance of some people and their rights. What about my rights to not to end up in jail just because some one is seriously injured because they choose not to wearing their seatbelt.

So do you have to wear your seatbelt in Montana or not?



YES
Send private message  Rate this post
Wingspan34
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 5631
Location: Central NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #24   
lostgriz,

Under Virginia law, you must register (and pay all fees required on) any and all flame throwers that you may happen to possess.

Virginia State law makes it clear that you do not necessarily have to "own" the flame thrower, it is enough to have simply "borrowed it" and/or have it on your person and/or on your property.

I'm surprised you did not know this. And to think you are attempting to illicit our help in a conspiracy to further deny your good State of needed income in these hard times! Shame on you. Mad

_________________
WW 141 Fusion SP
Master rated, First flight - May 1975
FL, PL, PA, AWCL, CL, FSL, RLF, TURB, X-C


Last edited by Wingspan34 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Send private message Blog  Rate this post
lostgriz
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 2161
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #25   
ian9toes wrote:
lostgriz wrote:
What pisses me off is how petty and antagonistic people can be. The fact that some A-Hole would take the time to file a complaint against me for having a car parked in my driveway that has Montana plates. cuss cuss cuss


off topic But with the words "A-hole" and "What pisses me off" I thought I'd share my experience with an A-hole and resulting in me being pissed off cuss cuss

On my way home from a 4 week trip, 10 oclock at night, still a few hours to go. I spot some young guys (Irish they turned out to be) with a broken down car on the side of the road. I stopped and offer a jump start, it gets the car started but it doesn't last. They tell me the battery is had it. They are headed to my home town/city so I lend them my 1 month old $250 auxilary battery I had for lighting. One of 'em actually slipped me 50 bucks as we parted, I thought cool I'm actually being rewarded for helping them out. But you guessed it I never got the battery back.
Urge to kill, rising. punch chairshot


I feel your pain. I gave a guy a jump at the mall and his girl took my damn jumper cables. What the hell is wrong with people. cuss cuss cuss
Send private message  Rate this post
gbx5150
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 524

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #26   
relate2 wrote:
gbx5150 wrote:
and we don't wear no stinking seatbelts in montana while driving the 75mph legal speed limit on a snow covered 2 lane country road. Gotto love Montana driving!!


You have got to be kidding me, no seat belts. The next time you don't wear your seat belt think of this......"If you hit the steering wheel at 35mph in a head on you will hit the steering wheel at the same force as planting the steering wheel in the ground and lifting you up 122 feet and dropping you spread eagle onto it."

Something else to think of is this. You wear your seat belt but collide with a car where the driver is not wearing his. You only hit him at 10 mph but because he isn't wearing his belt he hits his head on the windscreen and suffers horrific injuries. You then get charged with "Culpable Driving causing injuries" have to go to court and face a jail sentence. If he was wearing his seatbelt he suffers no injuries, you get a traffic ticket and go home to your wife and family.

After 17 years in the Police force all I can say is the Montana State government is negligent in the way it it unnecessarily sending its citizens to the hospital or worse the morgue.


Ah calm down Related 2, Montana has a seatbelt law just like the rest of the country and I wear mine sometimes when I think traffic or driving conditions are unusually risky lol, Montana does have high speed limits and the cops are still cool and give warnings more often than tickets, they have not yet discovered in Montana what the rest of the country has, what great tax collectors the police force can be.
Seriously I really think this country would be a much better place if 80% of the cops spend thier day actually investigating and solving crimes and tracking down real bad guys instead of harrassing average citizens for taxes, like Noman for his dog registration, Lostgrizz over his Montana plates and me over seatbelts or rolling a stop sign at an empty intersection. Just imagine that... potential real criminals would think twice knowing they would get caught 90% of the time instead of get away with it 90% of the time, and us speeders and seatbelt vilolators would get by just fine. The crimes just wouldn't happen after everyone realized they were sure to get caught and our prision population wouldn't be over a million people.
I know its not the cops fault they all dream of chasing bank robbers, but the politicians they see investigating all those crimes cost money, but harrassing Noman over his dog registation, or speeder that makes money, and now that they've privetized the prision system there's big money to be made in handing out the contracts for housing a million prisioners.
Send private message  Rate this post
lostgriz
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 2161
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #27   
knumbknuts wrote:
If I can find the falmethrower purchased to try to take down VA when I was stationed there, it's yours.

I hate the government of that state... they are as mean as hawaii is incompetent.


I will pay for shipping. Let me know if it turns up.
Send private message  Rate this post
wilburleft
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Posts: 808
Location: FL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #28   
hispanic folks never snitch on their neighbors. come to little havana lostgriz.
Send private message Blog  Rating: 3 thumbs up
lostgriz
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 2161
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #29   
Wingspan34 wrote:
lostgriz,

Under Virginia law, you must register (and pay all fees required on) any and all flame throwers that you may happen to possess.

Virginia State law makes it clear that you do not necessarily have to "own" the flame thrower, it is enough to have simply "borrowed it" and/or have it on your person and/or on your property.

I'm surprised you did not know this. And to think you are attempting to illicit our help in a conspiracy to further denying your good State of needed income in these hard times! Shame on you. Mad


I don't wan't anyone else doing time with me over this thing. Leave the flame thrower in the Montana State short bus parked in front of my house. Go Griz!

roflcat
Send private message  Rate this post
lostgriz
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 2161
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #30   
wilburleft wrote:
hispanic folks never snitch on their neighbors. come to little havana lostgriz.


I will be down there in the next few weeks for a little flying at Wallaby. thumbsup
Send private message  Rate this post
gbx5150
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 524

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #31   
relate2 wrote:
Jason I was going to reply point by point to your answer but decided to just say this........Speak about all your rights to drive the way you want, no seat belts, no helmets etc.........to the hundreds of people during my time in the police force who I had to inform that their son, daughter, husband, wife etc would not be coming home that night because they were just involved in an accident and have been killed.

After you face just one of those door knocks them come back to me about your rights. Sometimes governments have to protect the stupid. Sorry that was uncalled for but it just makes me so mad with the ignorance of some people and their rights. What about my rights to not to end up in jail just because some one is seriously injured because they choose not to wearing their seatbelt.

So do you have to wear your seatbelt in Montana or not?


Relate2,
100's of good competent hang glider pilots have had thier number come up and are no longer with us, sometimes I can't believe you have yourself fooled into thinking hang gliding is a safe and reasonable past time for such a safety concious person to persue, if you truly analized hang gliding safety with the same attitude you do peoples driving, you would come to the conclusion we're crazy risk takers wasting tax payer money when we crash our glider and wind up in the hospital only to find out our insurance don't cover hang gliding cause its too risky.
Send private message  Rate this post
noman3
1 thumbs up
1 thumbs up


Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 4989

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #32   
wills mom is a blower of some kind Shocked
Send private message  Rating: Bad stuff
relate2
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 3423
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #33   
gbx5150 wrote:
relate2 wrote:
Jason I was going to reply point by point to your answer but decided to just say this........Speak about all your rights to drive the way you want, no seat belts, no helmets etc.........to the hundreds of people during my time in the police force who I had to inform that their son, daughter, husband, wife etc would not be coming home that night because they were just involved in an accident and have been killed.

After you face just one of those door knocks them come back to me about your rights. Sometimes governments have to protect the stupid. Sorry that was uncalled for but it just makes me so mad with the ignorance of some people and their rights. What about my rights to not to end up in jail just because some one is seriously injured because they choose not to wearing their seatbelt.

So do you have to wear your seatbelt in Montana or not?


Relate2,
100's of good competent hang glider pilots have had thier number come up and are no longer with us, sometimes I can't believe you have yourself fooled into thinking hang gliding is a safe and reasonable past time for such a safety concious person to persue, if you truly analized hang gliding safety with the same attitude you do peoples driving, you would come to the conclusion we're crazy risk takers wasting tax payer money when we crash our glider and wind up in the hospital only to find out our insurance don't cover hang gliding cause its too risky.


Confused I don't get your argument. I find it more dangerous driving to my home site than I do flying at it. I have dealt with the idiots who are driving in the car beside you and believe me you should be afraid....very afraid.

By the way we have universal health coverage here in Australia, we don't have to worry whether our insurance will cover it or not.

_________________
Sonic 165
Lightsport 3
Malibu 188
My youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2#p/u
Send private message  Rate this post
gbx5150
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 524

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #34   
You must have some seriously bad drivers in Australia then, I have never felt driving a car was anywhere close to the risk I take hang gliding, people walk away from most car accidents. 25 yrs of driving and I've never had a driving incident scare me, I've scared myself many times on motorcycles, and quite a few times hang gliding too, scared myself working as a carpenter, snowboarding, kayaking etc.. and injured myself doing most of these too.
When people make the argument that hang gliding is safe as driving a car I think they are really fooling themselves.
Send private message  Rate this post
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 8593
Location: Stapleton, Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #35   
all the better then, if and when you crash, you're neighbors pay for your new femur?

how long do you think it will be before Aus starts telling you what you can't do because its too dangerous, they already took away your(maybe not you since you're a( ex)cop) ability to defend yourself with adequate tools


Im just sick of people trying to be my mother. I got one of those already,

_________________
TSA, NSA Sieg Heil! (HAIL VICTORY)
Send private message  Rate this post
relate2
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 3423
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #36   
Jason wrote:
all the better then, if and when you crash, you're neighbors pay for your new femur?

how long do you think it will be before Aus starts telling you what you can't do because its too dangerous, they already took away your(maybe not you since you're a( ex)cop) ability to defend yourself with adequate tools


Im just sick of people trying to be my mother. I got one of those already,


Wrong again Jason, everyone pays 1% of their wage to Medicare so you see I pay for my own health coverage. If you want cosmetic surgery then you can pay for extra health coverage but for injuries you get the same coverage as anyone else. The US system is screwed and I don't know how you guys get by. I saw one documentary where it cost a bloke $600 to get his cut finger seen to and a band aid put over the cut.

_________________
Sonic 165
Lightsport 3
Malibu 188
My youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2#p/u
Send private message  Rate this post
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 8593
Location: Stapleton, Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #37   
relate2 wrote:
Jason wrote:
all the better then, if and when you crash, you're neighbors pay for your new femur?

how long do you think it will be before Aus starts telling you what you can't do because its too dangerous, they already took away your(maybe not you since you're a( ex)cop) ability to defend yourself with adequate tools


Im just sick of people trying to be my mother. I got one of those already,


Wrong again Jason, everyone pays 1% of their wage to Medicare so you see I pay for my own health coverage. If you want cosmetic surgery then you can pay for extra health coverage but for injuries you get the same coverage as anyone else. The US system is screwed and I don't know how you guys get by. I saw one documentary where it cost a bloke $600 to get his cut finger seen to and a band aid put over the cut.

what is the cost of medical bills though? how much does it really cost?

you pay 1% of your wages, lets say you make 50k a year(just a round number I pulled out of my A$$, that means you are paying 500 a year, odds are you have been doing this for many years, and never used it, after ten years you have spent 5k, where did it go? it paid for someone else's expenses, now say you crash break something, an ambulance takes you to the hospital, you need surgury to repair your leg place pins etc. I garuntee thats WAY more then 5k, the difference between what you put in and the actual cost comes from your neighbors.

Im not saying its necessarily a bad system, its probably superior to the racket they have going on here, but Im fairly confident that right now you are paying for someone else's snafu(as am I)

_________________
TSA, NSA Sieg Heil! (HAIL VICTORY)
Send private message  Rate this post
Jason
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 8593
Location: Stapleton, Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #38   
gbx5150 wrote:
You must have some seriously bad drivers in Australia then, I have never felt driving a car was anywhere close to the risk I take hang gliding, people walk away from most car accidents. 25 yrs of driving and I've never had a driving incident scare me, I've scared myself many times on motorcycles, and quite a few times hang gliding too, scared myself working as a carpenter, snowboarding, kayaking etc.. and injured myself doing most of these too.
When people make the argument that hang gliding is safe as driving a car I think they are really fooling themselves.

I have heard this argument a lot, I don't really believe it. I know far more people that drive cars, and far fewer that have been been hurt driving

do i think HG is safer then riding my motorcycle, absolutely, but with airbags/antilockbreaks/ traction control, stability systems etc driving a car is amazingly safe

_________________
TSA, NSA Sieg Heil! (HAIL VICTORY)
Send private message  Rate this post
day dreamer
2 thumbs up
2 thumbs up


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 3921
Location: McClure Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #39   
About two months ago, I called noman all pissed because a cop pulled me over because he said he herd me yelling at him. I thought he was kidding. He didn't like that reponse. In all my life, and if anyone would be pulled over for such a thing, it would be me.... This cop looked like a steroid using angry individual. He had no neck, and was fired up.TOP THAT!
_________________
Always a student.

"The mountain doesn't care what that card in your wallet says." - Bruce Stobbe
http://www.mlsr.net/
Send private message  Rate this post
ian9toes
3 thumbs up
3 thumbs up


Joined: 14 Sep 2008
Posts: 587
Location: Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote #40   
Jason wrote:
relate2 wrote:
Jason wrote:
all the better then, if and when you crash, you're neighbors pay for your new femur?

how long do you think it will be before Aus starts telling you what you can't do because its too dangerous, they already took away your(maybe not you since you're a( ex)cop) ability to defend yourself with adequate tools


Im just sick of people trying to be my mother. I got one of those already,


Wrong again Jason, everyone pays 1% of their wage to Medicare so you see I pay for my own health coverage. If you want cosmetic surgery then you can pay for extra health coverage but for injuries you get the same coverage as anyone else. The US system is screwed and I don't know how you guys get by. I saw one documentary where it cost a bloke $600 to get his cut finger seen to and a band aid put over the cut.

what is the cost of medical bills though? how much does it really cost?

you pay 1% of your wages, lets say you make 50k a year(just a round number I pulled out of my A$$, that means you are paying 500 a year, odds are you have been doing this for many years, and never used it, after ten years you have spent 5k, where did it go? it paid for someone else's expenses, now say you crash break something, an ambulance takes you to the hospital, you need surgury to repair your leg place pins etc. I garuntee thats WAY more then 5k, the difference between what you put in and the actual cost comes from your neighbors.

Im not saying its necessarily a bad system, its probably superior to the racket they have going on here, but Im fairly confident that right now you are paying for someone else's snafu(as am I)


I think it's a great system. We are all forced to help who ever needs it, if I never need it then I should consider myself fortunate. Our system helps bridge the gap between rich and poor, everyone gets good medical attention, and that's how it should be. If you want you can get private health insurance and you don't have to pay the medicare levy. Either way everyone is covered.

_________________
C4 13, KTM 300 2-stroke.
Send private message  Rate this post
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hang Gliding Org Forum Index -> The camp fire
 
All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5


 
Jump to:  


(c) HangGliding.org All rights reserved. Based on PhpBB